Although some of our in-person sites have resumed brief advice clinics, LASC and SEOLS advice clinics will continue to be offered virtually. The clinics are low-tech with attorneys calling clients at designated appointment times. If you wish to sign up for any virtual clinic shifts, please use this form.
Virtual Clinic explanation:
- Clients with time-sensitive legal needs will call our intake department and be scheduled for a clinic slot. Right now, virtual clinic slots align with the schedules for our brief advice clinics, but if we have sufficient volunteer participation, we will expand our hours.
- At intake, LASC and SEOLS will gather client’s intake information, including contact information and a brief explanation of their legal issue.
- If client has documents that are relevant to their question and they have the ability to do so, our intake department will have the client email or fax in their documents.
- Prior to each “virtual clinic”, our Pro Bono Team staff will match pre-registered clients with attorneys who have agreed to participate for that evening.
- Attorneys will receive a clinic referral email, which will include the client’s intake and contact information, any documents we have received, contact information for our staff attorney who is “on call” for the clinic, and a link to a case reporting form that we will ask the attorney to complete after the consultation. Report link here.
- Clients will be instructed to be available during the clinic time and that they will be receiving a call that might come up as restricted or blocked.
- During the consultation, attorneys will initiate the call. If calling from a personal cell phone, we recommend blocking your number by dialing *67 before the client’s number.
- For those who need it, Attorneys will be provided with training materials and access to a recorded CLE that covers the substantive areas we encounter most frequently.
In exchange for your service, we offer current volunteers access to all of our live Continuing Legal Education Programs. We also record all of our trainings and make them available after the fact. If you need access to this password-protected site, contact Dianna Parker.
If you are a non-attorney and signed up to volunteer with one of our clinics, please take a moment and complete our confidentiality form here.