Staci Thomas is the Managing Attorney of the Marion office of the Legal Aid Society of Columbus. Immediately after graduating from Capital University Law School and passing the Ohio Bar Exam in 2000, Staci began working with LASC in the Marion office. She worked as a staff attorney for seven years before she was elevated to the position of Co-Managing Attorney in 2007, and later to the sole Managing Attorney in 2013. As the head of the Marion office, Staci manages the full staff, which includes two full-time attorneys, a paralegal and a secretary. The work of these staff members includes cases from Marion, Morrow, Delaware and Union counties in a wide variety of areas, including domestic, housing, consumer, public benefits and more. She also manages a caseload of her own which mainly includes cases from Marion and Delaware counties. Staci’s favorite part of her work is seeing clients begin to break the vicious cycle of poverty that threatens the lives of future generations.
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware County Bar Association
- Member, Madison County Bar Association
Volunteer and Community Activities
- Board Member, Marion Community Action
- Member, Marion County Children’s Services
- Member, Delaware County Domestic Violence Taskforce
- Member, Delaware County Re-Entry Coalition
- Member, Delaware County S.T.E.P. Coalition
- Member, Delaware County Human Trafficking Coalition
- The Ohio State University (B.A. 1997)
- Capital University Law School (J.D. 2000)
Staci was born and raised in the Central Ohio area with her two younger twin sisters.