James Mackey is the Tenant Advocacy Fellow with The Legal Aid Society of Columbus. As part of the fellowship, James spends every morning in the Franklin County Municipal Court working to help families avoid eviction. James is a 2017 graduate of the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. Prior to joining LASC as a fellow, James volunteered with the Volunteer Resource Center (VRC) at LASC, helping to connect pro bono attorneys with clients in need. James enjoys providing support to clients with urgent need for assistance in eviction court and hopes to help tenants better understand how to navigate the eviction process.
Bar Admissions and Activities
- Bar Admission—Ohio (2017)
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law (J.D. 2017)
- The Ohio State University, (B.A. 2013)